What is cosmetic thread solidworks?
Cosmetic threads describe the attributes of a specific hole so you need not add real threads to the model. A cosmetic thread represents the minor (inner) diameter of a thread on a boss or the major (outer) diameter of a thread on a hole and can include a hole callout in drawings.
How do you create a thread in Solidworks 2015?
To make a thread in SOLIDWORKS we can simply to go Insert > Features > Thread. We then choose an edge of our model and go through and populate our thread specifications. Once we’re done doing that, we can hit the green checkmark and there are our threads.
How do you show cosmetic thread in Solidworks?
Once a cosmetic thread has been added to the component or assembly using either the “Hole Wizard” or the “Insert annotation” command, it can be displayed by accessing the pull down menu “Tools>Options>Document Properties>Detailing.” They can be shown as either internal (Hole) or external (Cylinder).
How do I edit Cosmetic threads in Solidworks?
Editing Cosmetic Threads
- In a part or assembly document, right-click the Cosmetic Thread feature and click Edit Feature .
- Make the necessary changes in the Cosmetic Thread PropertyManager, and click .
How do you add threads to a screw in Solidworks?
Creating a Cut Thread
- Open a part file. The diameter of the cylinder is 6mm. …
- Click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select the top edge of the cylinder.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification: In Type, select Metric Die. …
- Under Thread Location: Click Offset. …
- Under End Condition, click Maintain Thread Length. …
- Click .
How do you design a thread?
- Draw a circle, where the diameter is the desired thread’s major diameter.
- Create a cylinder by extruding the circle to the desired thread’s length.
- Go to “Create” and select the “Thread” option.
- Select the cylinder you just created. Make sure that the “Modeled” checkbox is checked.
How do I create an internal thread in Solidworks?
- select the face at the start of the hole to define the helix cross-section.
- sketch pitch circle diameter = D – 0.64951905*P. …
- exit sketch.
- select Height & Pitch and Constant pitch for the helix.
- Height = length of thread – 0.125*P.
- Pitch = P.
- Start angle = 0.
How do you hide cosmetic threads in Solidworks assembly?
First ensure that the Cosmetic Threads are visible in the Part environment as per the section above. Then within the Assembly environment, go to View > Hide/Show and ensure that ‘Hide All Types’ is deselected and ‘Component Annotations’ is selected.