How do you hide cosmetic threads in Solidworks drawings?
First ensure that the Cosmetic Threads are visible in the Part environment as per the section above. Then within the Assembly environment, go to View > Hide/Show and ensure that ‘Hide All Types’ is deselected and ‘Component Annotations’ is selected.
What is cosmetic thread?
A cosmetic thread is a cosmetic feature that represents the diameter of a thread. Unlike other cosmetic features, you cannot modify the line style of a cosmetic thread. You can create cosmetic threads using cylinders, cones, splines, and planes as the references.
How do I edit Cosmetic threads in Solidworks?
Editing Cosmetic Threads
- In a part or assembly document, right-click the Cosmetic Thread feature and click Edit Feature .
- Make the necessary changes in the Cosmetic Thread PropertyManager, and click .
How do you add threads to a callout in Solidworks?
To add the callout:
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Select the two silhouette edges of the cosmetic thread. The pointer changes to when it is over a silhouette edge of a cosmetic thread.
- Click to place the dimension.
How do I create a thread in Solidworks?
Creating a Cut Thread
- Open a part file. The diameter of the cylinder is 6mm. …
- Click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select the top edge of the cylinder.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification: In Type, select Metric Die. …
- Under Thread Location: Click Offset. …
- Under End Condition, click Maintain Thread Length. …
- Click .
How do you show holes in Solidworks drawings?
To show or hide hidden edges in the Drawing View Properties dialog box:
- Right-click the drawing view and select Properties.
- Select the Show Hidden Edges tab.
- Select a feature or component from either the drawing view or the FeatureManager design tree to add it to the list of items to be shown with hidden lines.
Is threading your face bad?
The downsides of face threading
Believe it or not, just like laser hair removal, threading can actually cause HPV. A study from NCBI has cited threading as a potential cause of cosmetic warts. (Think about it, it could happen if your threader used their mouth to steady the threads before applying them to your skin.
What is cosmetic thread solidworks?
Cosmetic threads describe the attributes of a specific hole so you need not add real threads to the model. A cosmetic thread represents the minor (inner) diameter of a thread on a boss or the major (outer) diameter of a thread on a hole and can include a hole callout in drawings.