What is a cosmetic thread in Solidworks?
Cosmetic threads describe the attributes of a specific hole so you need not add real threads to the model. A cosmetic thread represents the minor (inner) diameter of a thread on a boss or the major (outer) diameter of a thread on a hole and can include a hole callout in drawings.
How do you hide cosmetic threads in Solidworks assembly?
First ensure that the Cosmetic Threads are visible in the Part environment as per the section above. Then within the Assembly environment, go to View > Hide/Show and ensure that ‘Hide All Types’ is deselected and ‘Component Annotations’ is selected.
How do I edit Cosmetic threads in Solidworks?
Editing Cosmetic Threads
- In a part or assembly document, right-click the Cosmetic Thread feature and click Edit Feature .
- Make the necessary changes in the Cosmetic Thread PropertyManager, and click .
How do you add threads to a callout in Solidworks?
To add the callout:
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Select the two silhouette edges of the cosmetic thread. The pointer changes to when it is over a silhouette edge of a cosmetic thread.
- Click to place the dimension.
What are cosmetic threads?
What is a thread lift? A thread lift is a type of procedure wherein temporary sutures are used to produce a subtle but visible “lift” in the skin. Instead of removing the patient’s loose facial skin surgically, the cosmetic surgeon simply suspends it by stitching up portions of it.
How do you annotate threads in Solidworks?
Cosmetic Threads PropertyManager
- On a cylindrical feature (a boss, a cut, or a hole), select the circular edge where the thread begins.
- Click Cosmetic Thread (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Cosmetic Thread.
What does m10x1 25 mean?
For example, an M10x1. 5 (coarse) thread has a 1.5mm pitch, while an M10x1. 25 (fine) thread has a 1.25mm pitch. … For example, the thread “M10” automatically means a coarse pitch, while any added pitch callout, such as M10x1. 25, specifies a non-coarse pitch.