How do you hide cosmetic threads in Solidworks assembly?
First ensure that the Cosmetic Threads are visible in the Part environment as per the section above. Then within the Assembly environment, go to View > Hide/Show and ensure that ‘Hide All Types’ is deselected and ‘Component Annotations’ is selected.
How do I create a thread in Solidworks?
To make a thread in SOLIDWORKS we can simply to go Insert > Features > Thread. We then choose an edge of our model and go through and populate our thread specifications. Once we’re done doing that, we can hit the green checkmark and there are our threads.
How do you add threads to a callout in Solidworks?
To add the callout:
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Select the two silhouette edges of the cosmetic thread. The pointer changes to when it is over a silhouette edge of a cosmetic thread.
- Click to place the dimension.
How do I edit Cosmetic threads in Solidworks?
Editing Cosmetic Threads
- In a part or assembly document, right-click the Cosmetic Thread feature and click Edit Feature .
- Make the necessary changes in the Cosmetic Thread PropertyManager, and click .
What is a cosmetic thread?
A cosmetic thread is a cosmetic feature that represents the diameter of a thread. Unlike other cosmetic features, you cannot modify the line style of a cosmetic thread. You can create cosmetic threads using cylinders, cones, splines, and planes as the references.
How are threads measured?
- Determine if the thread is straight (parallel) or tapered. The thread is tapered if the diameter increases or decreases. …
- Measure the thread diameter. …
- Determine the number of threads per inch (TPI) or the pitch (metric threads) with the thread gauge. …
- Determine the thread standard.
How do you design a thread?
- Draw a circle, where the diameter is the desired thread’s major diameter.
- Create a cylinder by extruding the circle to the desired thread’s length.
- Go to “Create” and select the “Thread” option.
- Select the cylinder you just created. Make sure that the “Modeled” checkbox is checked.
How do I create a thread in Solidworks 2019?
To create a cut thread:
- Open a model with a cylindrical part and click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select a circular edge.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification, set values for the following: …
- For Thread method, click Cut thread. …
- Set the starting position of the Thread Location: